Recycling Minds meets every two months and is a collaboration between various Kingston green groups, the council ('RBK'), and green businesses.
The latest meeting took place at the beginning of March 2023 and topics discussed included
- RBK initiatives such as the Green Business Community - to encourage greening of local businesses - and the upcoming 'Kingston's Efficient Homes Show' (20th May) - to match residents with businesses who can help them retrofit energy efficiencies
- RBK is recommissioning waste services and invited Recycling Minds group's input into the tender document
- Options for hard-to-recycle-items such as mobile phones (the Mayor's Mobile Mop-up' supported by Recycling Minds member Genuine Solutions
- Event Recycling - creating something fun to encourage less waste at local events
- A potential people's assembly for recycling